World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx


Growing up, I never had anything but the Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa packets.  I always wanted to get the ones with the mini marshmallows in it even though by the time I got my cocoa mixed up they had almost melted away.  So, when I tasted my mother-in-law's deliciously-creamy cocoa, I had to have the recipe for the mix!

My kids often request this after they come in from playing outdoors.  Put it in a cute container or bag, and it makes a great Christmas gift!  I packaged mine up with some homemade peppermint marshmallows this year!

I have recently updated this recipe with homemade versions of the powdered Nesquik and creamer.  My kids and I like it even better than the original--it's cheaper, too!

World's Best Hot Cocoa Mix (adapted from Gloria Woodmancy's recipe in Sharon Springs United Methodist Cookbook)


1 (2.54 pound) canister Nesquik chocolate powder  (Use this recipe for homemade.  I think it took about a quadruple batch to equal 2 1/2 pounds--just use your kitchen scale!)
11 - 12 cups powdered milk
11 ounces creamer  (I have used a double recipe of this homemade creamer with great success!)
2 cups powdered sugar

Place ingredients in a large bowl (I use my huge Tupperware one) and mix well.  To serve, stir 1/3 cup mix into 8 ounces hot water.  If you use the homemade ingredients, use slightly less than 1/3 cup.



Looking for other mixes to give as gifts?  Try these great recipes:

Double Fudge Brownie Mix
Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
Spiral Soup Mix
French Vanilla Coffee Mix
Perfect Pancake Mix

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake