Spiral Soup Mix

Okay, I know!  I just can't get enough of making mixes as gifts.  Through several mixes into a  basket, and you have a great Christmas gift.  I have found that making a mix takes less time than making a baked good for gifts, also.  Plus, the recipient can use it at his or her convenience.  See here for the recipe.  I used the first version, and I recommended adding a pound of cooked hamburger.  I like some meat in my soups!  Also, the recipe called for 1/2 cup of dried minced onion.  According to my package of minced onion, that is the equivalent of 2 cups of fresh.  For me, that seemed a little much.  I put a little less than 1/4 cup of the dried minced onion.  Keep this recipe in mind the next time you need a little something as a gift!

Here is the text on my label:

Spiral Soup

Directions:  In large pan, bring 8 cups water and 2 cups diced or crushed tomatoes to boil.  Add one pound cooked hamburger or other meat if desired.  Add Spiral Soup mix.  Simmer 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.   
For more details on how I make my labels, see here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx