Roasted Red Pepper Hummus


My sister-in-law, Joni, had just finished making this in her food processor when I stopped by the other day.  She let me have a sample, and I just had to have the recipe!  And, yes, there is cauliflower in it.  Before you get too turned off by this fact, just look at the beautiful color of this hummus. I would be willing to paint a room in my house this color if we could get a good match.  Anyway, I mixed up a batch of Roasted Red Pepper Hummus this morning, and it is so good!  I had to cut up some peppers to eat some for  my morning snack!  I'm not sure if I'm going to get my husband (not a cauliflower fan!) to try this, but we'll see.  I guess that just means more for me!  I hope you enjoy this delicious and healthy recipe.  Let me know if you try it, especially if you experiment with modifying the spices!

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

1 large head cauliflower, steamed
1/2 cup tahini
1/4 cup lemon juice
Roasted red peppers (from a jar)  I just scooped some out.  I probably used the equivalent of at least 1/2 of a pepper
1 teaspoon minced garlic (I just used the stuff in the jar)
1 teaspoon cumin
heaping 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
salt and pepper to taste

Place cauliflower in food processor and process until smooth.  Then add remaining ingredients and mix well.  Store tightly covered in refrigerator.  Serve with your favorite veggies or crackers.  I'm also planning to try this slathered on my next grilled chicken sandwich.  The possibilities are endless, so enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx