Lime Marinated Grilled Chicken


So. . . I spent more than a little time trying to decide whether to call this "Lime Marinated Grilled Chicken," or "Marinated Lime Grilled Chicken."  In the end, it probably doesn't matter that much, but I sought the counsel of my oldest daughter, who agreed with me on my choice.

I love this recipe.  It is so easy and delicious!  It's one of my son's favorites.  Whenever I tell him that we are having chicken, he asks, "Is it the lime one?"

The only kink with the recipe is that you have to plan ahead.  It tastes best when you marinate the chicken overnight.  So, throw this into your fridge today and celebrate the fact that dinner is ready for tomorrow night!

Lime Marinated Grilled Chicken (adapted from here)

8 - 10 four ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup lime juice
2/3 cup olive oil
5 - 6 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons minced garlic (I use the jarred kind; you could also run 4 garlic cloves through your garlic press if you prefer.)
2 teaspoons sage
2 teaspoons thyme
Pepper, to taste

Place all ingredients except chicken in a bowl and mix to combine.  Put chicken in a ziploc bag and pour marinade over the top.  Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.  (I like to turn the bag over every now and again.)

Grill chicken over low heat until chicken is done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx