BBQ Meatballs


I have made this recipe more times than I can count!  I got the recipe from my mother-in-law years ago, and I finally am getting it onto my blog.  It calls for onions, but I always omit those since my family doesn't care for them.  I included them in the recipe, though, because I know many of you out there like them in your meatballs.  This is a great recipe for the freezer, too!

Here's the recipe:

BBQ Meatballs

1 can evaporated milk
3 lb. hamburger
2 c. quick oatmeal
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 c. chopped onion (I omit)
2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

     Sauce:
2 c. Ketchup
1 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. yellow mustard (I added this to the original recipe because that's what my mom always put in our BBQ sauce)
1/2 c. chopped onion (I omit)
1-2 Tbsp. liquid smoke (I omit)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder (I omit)

    For meatballs, mix ingredients (I put them in my Kitchenaid mixer--so much better than using your hands!) and form into size of walnuts. Place in flat pan in only one layer. Mix sauce and pour over meatballs. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.

This recipe freezes great.  Just thaw overnight in fridge and bake as directed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx