Peanut Butter Brownies


So I was trying to think of something to make for church potluck tomorrow, something that I had the ingredients for and something that my son, Evan, could help me with.  My husband Matthew teases me that I always make brownies for such occasions.  My sister-in-law Stephanie teases me that I can't just make a plain brownie.  Well, I plead guilty on both counts!  Evan and I concocted these peanut butter brownies, and I think they are going to be good.

To make, start with any brownie mix for a 9 by 13 inch pan size.  Make the "cake-like" brownie recipe (add three eggs instead of two).  After your batter is mixed, add 1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips before placing in pan and baking according to package directions. 

We frosted them with peanut butter frosting--I'll include the recipe below.  That seemed a little too plain, so I melted 1/4 cup chocolate chips with 1/2 teaspoon shortening in the microwave and drizzled it over the top.  I'm hoping that the chocolate on top won't be too crunchy when we try to cut them.  Whatever the food equivalent to "curb appeal" is, though, I think these brownies have them!

Peanut Butter Frosting (From Betty Crocker)

1/3 C. Peanut Butter
3 C. powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup milk

Beat sugar gradually into peanut butter.  Add vanilla and milk and beat until smooth, using additional milk if needed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx