2 for 1 Meal

I love making two meals that I just have to cook once for!  Last night, I made Grilled Taco-Spiced Chicken.  Find it here at Betty Crocker's website:  Grilled Taco-Spiced Chicken.   Having no barbeque or chile sauces in the house, I had to improvise on the sauce.  Evan and I created a mixture of ketchup, cumin, brown sugar, & chili powder.  The kids loved it.  I served the chicken with green beans, sliced apples, and Schwann's sweet potato fries. 
I made 6 chicken breasts so that there would be left overs.  I cut the leftover chicken into bite-sized pieces.  Then I made four Chicken Roll Ups (idea from my mother-in-law, Lois).  Spread a big spoonful of refried beans on a tortilla.  Then place shredded cheese and cut-up cooked seasoned chicken on top.  Fold the ends of the tortilla in and roll up.  Wrap in aluminum foil.  I placed mine in the fridge for lunch today.  Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until warm.  You can add salsa before or after baking if you like.

I enjoyed waking up this morning knowing that I already had lunch ready to go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx