Orange Poppy Seed Body Scrub

I love making things up for gift baskets.  What can I say; I like looking at something and saying, "I made that!"  I found a recipe for Orange Poppy Seed body scrub on a Facebook group called Homemade Haven.  I had to try it out for myself.  Here's the recipe as per Andrea Anhorn:

Orange and Poppyseed Body Scrub
1/2 cup poppy seeds
1/2 cup sweet almond oil (or olive oil, or whatever!)
3 drops of orange essential oil

Mix in air tight container, some suggest using a spoon to scoop into hand to avoid water gettin in and watering it down.

I found sweet almond oil on Amazon. 
I used an 8 ounce jelly jar to put the scrub in. I used Avery name badges to make labels for the scrub.  I used microsoft word--simply go into "mailings" and select "labels and envelopes."  Select the number from the Avery product or dimensions and start designing.  I always print out a sheet on blank paper first to make sure it will line up with the label page.  I find an image on microsoft clip art.  Here's what I put on my label:


Orange Poppyseed Body Scrub

An invigorating blend of delicate poppyseeds, sweet almond oil, and orange essence.
To use:  remove desired amount of scrub with spoon.  apply to skin with Washcloth or hands in the shower to moisturize and exfoliate. 
                                                               
I put packaging tape over the label to protect it since I figure it's going in the shower! 

I found that the scrub tends to separate out as it sits, so I would also include that you should stir or shake before using.  I tried this out on my hands after making up a batch, and I really liked it.  Hope you can use this sometime--I think it would make a great teacher gift.  Enjoy!
   
 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx