Almond Poppy Seed Bread


My sister-in-law Stephanie brought this bread to a couple of different gatherings over Christmas this year. I think my son, Evan, would have eaten the entire loaf if I had let him. Of course, I had to have the recipe.

I received this fancy mini loaf bread pan from my brother for Christmas, and I was itching to try it out. I thought this was the perfect recipe to use it for.

Almond Poppy Seed Bread

Add to mixing bowl in order:

3 c. flour
1/2 Tb. baking powder
3 eggs
1 c. + 1 Tb. oil (to lighten it up, replace 1/2 c. of the oil with 1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce)
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. milk
3 Tb. poppy seeds
1/2 tsp. almond extract

Beat 2 minutes. Pour into two 9 by 5 or six 6 by 3.5 inch greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 degreese 45-50 minutes for 9 by 5 loaf pans. For the smaller loaf size, bake about 40 minutes. Bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

For the glaze, whisk together:

3/4 c. Powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond extract
add milk to desired consistency (about a tablespoon or so)

When bread is done, pour glaze over the loaves while the bread is still in the pan. Let cool for 10 minutes on wire rack before removing from pan and allowing to cool completely.



This is a fun recipe to mix up with your kids--and they love it, too. Mine ate several slices for dessert after lunch the other day. Hope you enjoy this one, too!

Looking for other quick bread recipes?

Banana Bread
Lemon Poppy Seed Bread

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx