Fudge-Filled Cookie Cutters



I had seen this idea on Pinterest, so when I saw these darling folk star cookies cutters at our local general store, I knew I had to give it a try.

After I washed and dried the cookie cutters, I made up a batch of Grandma's recipe for easy fudge (recipe below).  I sprayed a small glass dish (since I was only making three of these) with cooking spray and also sprayed the insides of the cookie cutters.

I carefully spooned the fudge into the cutters and used the spoon to level it out and make sure that the corners were filled.


Yes, a little will come out of the bottom, but it will clean up easily later.  Then I covered these and refrigerated them overnight.  (The remaining fudge I placed in a greased 8 by 8 inch pan.)

I removed the excess fudge from the bottom and used a paper towel to wipe the outsides of the cookie cutters clean.


Then I placed them in a clear treat bag and tied it up with a raffia bow.  Easy enough.  I originally started with a Christmas-themed treat bag with stripes on it, but then you could not see the shape of the cookie cutter, which I think is what makes this gift special.

Grandma's Easy Fudge

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups coarsely chopped nuts (Grandma used walnuts; I prefer pecans)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Combine semisweet and butterscotch chips with sweetened condensed milk in a microwave-safe bowl.  Microwave on high for 45 seconds and stir.  Microwave another 45 seconds and then stir until smooth.  Stir in nuts and vanilla.  Pour into greased 9 by 9 inch pan or use to fill greased cookie cutters.  Store in refrigerator.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx