Basalmic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing


I started eating a mostly Paleo diet over a year ago.  Ever since, I have had a salad, a somewhat ridiculously big salad, almost every day.  Since it is difficult to find a store bought salad dressing without added sugar, I started making my own salad dressing.  I have tweaked the recipe from the original found here, so I thought it was time to post it!

Basalmic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing (adapted from Paleo Leap Basalmic Vinaigrette Recipe)

3/4 cup basalmic vinegar
3/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
salt and pepper, to taste

Mix all ingredients in a jar or dressing container (I like this one!) and shake well.  I go through mine fairly quickly, so I store it on my counter top.  If you don't eat salad as often as I do, you may want to store it in the fridge.  The olive oil will solidify in the fridge, so let it come to room temperature before serving.

Variation:  substitute a few tablespoons of red wine vinegar for part of the basalmic vinegar--it adds a nice tang!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx