Anna's Doll


I suppose it's no secret that I like making things for my girls.  Anna kept saying that she wanted a doll with hair that she could braid.  So,when I stumbled across this cute pattern for a doll on one of my favorite blogs--Crazy Little Projects, I knew I had to make it for her.  

I made the doll with super-long hair so that she could braid it.  My sister-in-law had some leftover yarn that she gave me to use.  It is really soft with sparkles in it.  I knew Anna would love the sparkles.

I made the doll similarly to what the tutorial said.  However, I did not sew the arms in at the same time that I sewed the front and back pieces of the doll together.  I left openings for the arms and sewed them on by hand.  

I used this paint for the doll's face.  I was nervous about painting on the finished doll face and possibly ruining it.  I used disappearing ink to draw on the doll's face and used a toothpick to apply a small amount at a time.  I think it turned out pretty well.  Next time I may draw on the face first before sewing the doll.  

I also made a few pillowcase dresses for her doll (tutorial coming soon.)  She's played with Tara (named after the queen from the movie Epic) quite a bit and has enjoyed changing her outfits multiple times a day.


And, of course, it's fun to accessorize with flowers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx