Bacon-wrapped Sweet Potato Bites


     Wow, it's been a long time since my last post!  But, with baby number six on the way, I have had to cut out some activities, which has included blogging for the most part.  I'm realizing, too, with another one coming that I may not be posting as much to my blog.  But, when I have the chance, I hope to sneak one in here and there.

     One of my friends has been working on eating a mostly Paleo diet, which I have been eating for almost three years (minus a couple of months at the beginning of this pregnancy!)  We had been talking about getting together for a Paleo meal, and we made it happen this week. It was a lot of fun, and really delicious, too!  For an appetizer, I made these delicious Bacon-wrapped Sweet Potato Bites.  You can find the recipe here.  I really love the Stir It Up site and have made several of her recipes including one of my favorite Paleo pancake recipes.
 
     I softened these up in the microwave instead of a skillet, and it worked really well.  Just put your sweet potatoes in a microwave-safe container with some water, put the lid on, and microwave until soft enough to get a toothpick through.  Then drain the water and mix with butter and salt.

    I also sliced my bacon lengthwise before slicing it into three pieces width wise (so you can wrap six cubes of sweet potatoes with one slice of bacon.)  After baking them, I just put them in the crock pot on low until we are ready to eat.  I have made this recipe twice now, and my family prefers it without drizzling on any maple syrup.  I always end up with some extra pieces of sweet potato which I just scramble up with some eggs the next morning!

    Here are the recipes for the rest of our meal:

Orange Salmon with Broccoli and Peppers--my kids don't care for salmon, so I also make some chicken using this recipe.

Spinach Salad with Basalmic Vinaigrette.  (If you're looking for an easy homemade salad dressing, try this one!)

Fruit Salad

Paleo Apple Crisp--when I get my friend's recipe I will include a link.  This recipe is one that I have made and liked.

Paleo Salted Caramel Ice Cream--can I just say yum?  The problem is that I have leftovers, and they calling to me from the freezer!

     It was a great time with good food and friends!  We will have to plan another one soon!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx