Anna's Dress


I'm not sure how this little girl is already seven!  We celebrated Anna's birthday last week.  This week, she wanted to wear the dress I made for her birthday, and she wanted her hair curled, and we went to the park.  The result?  I followed her around for a while trying to get a good picture of her.  Thankfully she cooperated with me pretty well.  I kept telling her not to move while I was taking the picture, and at one point she asked exasperatedly, "Can I breathe while you take the picture?"  Oh my, I see a lot of myself in this one!

My in laws bought me a serger for Christmas this year.  I was excited to try it, but also intimidated, so it sat in the box for a couple of months.  Well, I finally got brave and took it out of the box and started sewing with knit fabric.  I am falling in love with how fast it is to throw something together!

This dress is Greenstyle Creations Regan Dress, and I absolutely love it.  It is a great project for a beginner.  The pattern is easy to put together, and the instructions are very clear.  So far I've made five of them for my girls and for a gift, and I will make some more this winter in the long sleeve option, I'm sure.  You just cut out five pieces, and then you are ready to go!

The only thing I did differently was to top stitch around the collar after I ironed it.  I serged the edges of the bottom of the dress and the sleeves before turning under one inch and then top stitching.  I hope to get brave again and try out my double needle soon for hemming!




I highly recommend this pattern if you are new to knits or just want a quick project.  I really like Greenstyle Creations and have several additional patterns to try out soon.  I will post pictures when I do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx