Homemade Taco Seasoning


Almost every Tuesday is "Taco Tuesday" at our house.  I love it because, well, I love tacos.  Also, I don't have to think about what we are going to eat for supper that day!

I have adapted my recipe for taco seasoning from this one here.

1/2 cup chili powder
1/8 cup onion powder
1/8 cup ground cumin
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 1/2 tablespoons oregano
1/8 teaspoon each cayenne pepper and chipotle pepper powder, optional

Place all ingredients in mason jar with a lid and shake well. I use a heaping tablespoon per pound of meat and add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water; adjust to your preference!

To make chicken for tacos, I place frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot, add seasoning and some coconut oil (about 2 Tablespoons for 3 pounds meat), and cook on high for 3 - 3 1/2 hours.  Then Ishred the chicken in my Kitchenaid mixer and put it back in the crockpot on "warm" until we are ready to eat.  I like to make extra and freeze it for a later time!

This is also delicious with pork.  Simply place pork roast in crock pot and rub seasoning (heaping tablespoon per pound) on the roast.  Then cook on high for four hours.  Reduce heat to low and cook for three to four hours longer.  Remove bones and shred in the mixer!

For a paleo meal, enjoy some taco meat on top of spinach or other greens and toppings of choice for a yummy salad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx