Perfect Pile of Pancakes!


My kids love to have breakfast for supper.  I usually make breakfast for supper on a Thursday or Friday, and I make a big bunch of pancakes or waffles and some scrambled eggs.  Then I save the leftovers for Sunday breakfast.  This really cuts down on my crazy as we are trying to get ready for church and out the door!  The picture above is a double batch of pancakes.  These freeze great in a ziploc bag.  To serve, thaw overnight in the fridge and then toast.

My kids have not loved pancakes until I got this recipe from my good friend Amber.  She brought some over for me when we welcomed little Jack into our family.  Of course, I requested the recipe straightaway!  My kids enjoy these with either peanut butter or chocolate spread in between two pancakes--then they eat them like a sandwich with no syrup.  It's a lot less messy for my three year old!

If you like gadgets, you might want to check out this batter dispenser from Amazon.  We love ours!  My kids are pretty eager to help out with it!

Here's Evan, my gadget-lover, in action!


Here's the recipe:

Perfect Pancakes

2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup oil  (I prefer melted butter, but canola oil works well, too.)
2 cups milk (I usually add a little less because I like a thicker batter; just adjust to your preference)

Preheat griddle.  In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until bubbly.  Add oil or melted butter and milk and mix well.  Then add dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.  Using a stick of butter, grease the griddle.  With a ladle (or batter dispenser if you are a gadget guru!) place small circles of batter onto the griddle.  These will spread a bit, so start smaller than you think you need to.  Cook until bubbles form on the top of the pancakes, then flip and cook about two more minutes or until done.  Enjoy with syrup or as pancake sandwiches!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx