Candy Corn M&M Cookies


Do any of you remember the cartoon Fat Albert?  "Hey, Hey, Hey. . It's Faaat Albert!"  Probably not too politically correct today.  Anyway, I don't remember much about the cartoon show, but I do remember watching the Halloween special for Fat Albert and eating chocolate peanut butter chip cookies that my mom had made.  I started thinking about that when I was making these cookies.  It's funny how our memories can be tied into food, isn't it?

I am still working on fall-themed cookies for the baby shower that I am helping with for this weekend.  I thought these would be a neat addition, and I was really happy with how they turned out.  My littlest, Grant, obviously thought they looked tasty, because he started asking for one as soon as they came out of the oven!

Here's the recipe (adapted from this recipe):

Candy Corn M&M Cookies (Yield:  approximately 20-24 cookies)

1 16.5 ounce box chocolate cake mix  (I used Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge mix because I like it as "chocolatey" as possible!)
2 eggs
5 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 bag Candy Corn M&M's

Beat cake mix, eggs, and butter until blended.  Add white chocolate chips and M&M's.  Refrigerate overnight.  Meanwhile, place remaining M&M's in freezer if you are going to do the optional step below.  Drop by two tablespoon-sized balls on parchment-lined baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.  Let sit on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.

Optional:  After the cookies have been baking for 8 minutes, remove from oven and press 2-3 M&M's on top.  This is strictly for presentation purposes!  You have to press them in fairly well so that the large M&Ms will stay.  Return cookies to the oven until they are done.

Note:  You can use any flavor cake mix and any flavor chips that you like with this recipe!

Looking for more fall cookie recipes?  Try these:

Candy Apple M&M Cookies
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies by Two Peas and Their Pod  (I increased the size of the cookies to two tablespoons and baked for about 14 minutes.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx