Grant's Quilt, Finished!


So I had pieced Grant's quilt top together and had it finished when he was just a few months old.  Then it sat and sat in a bag until I finally got it to my friend Kristy to machine quilt it for me.  She returned it me around January of 2014.  She did an amazing job with it.  If you live in the Cheyenne Wells, CO area, you should really check out The Rambling Rose Quilt Shop.  Matt's aunt Sarah helped me to machine sew the binding around the edge of the quilt, and then it sat again in my closet, waiting for me to finish it up.

About a week before Grant's birthday this June, I got a burst of energy and decided to do the hand sewing on the back of the binding to finish up Grant's quilt for his birthday.

Being two, he was not that impressed with the quilt, but I think it will be something he enjoys over the years.

I'm not sure why, but this morning I decided to try to get a picture of Grant--my wiggly, busy boy--sitting on his quilt.  This is the best one I could get!


Kristy embroidered his name on the top of the quilt.  Then there is no question as to which way is up!  I thought this was a terrific idea that she had.


And the embroidered dedication on the back, which quotes 1 Samuel 1:27

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him."

Grant has been such a reminder to us of God's grace and faithfulness.  He was the answer to my prayer, and I am so grateful that he is here with us!


Want to see and hear more about Grant's quilt, check out my first post about it.

Grant's Quilt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx