Anna's Fifth Birthday


I can't believe that Anna is five already!  I know I say it every year, but where does the time go?  Somehow, when they hit five, they seem so much older than four.  I mean, it's going to be time for kindergarten!

For this cake, I made the inside to look like zebra stripes.  You can find the tutorial here.  Then I simply frosted it with white buttercream frosting and put zebra-striped sugar paper around the sides.  (You can find sugar paper at Walmart.  I used my rotary cutter and ruler to cut it instead of buying the fancy tools in the cake aisle.  Then I used a glass as a template to cut a circle for the top of the cake.)  I piped on some pink stars and added a happy birthday wish, and I was done.  It only took my an hour to put together that morning!  I had used the extra batter from making to cakes to bake up a few cupcakes, so I iced those with pink frosting and used the leftover sugar paper to decorate them.


Best of all, Anna really liked it!


Happy birthday, sweet girl!


I was a little nervous about what the cake would look like on the inside, but it turned out great!


On a final note, one of her favorite presents was a set of high-heeled princess dress-up shoes from Grandpa and Grandma.  We were glad that they bought the pack of three--Anna was happy to share her extra pairs with cousin Aria and sister Lyla!


After all, when it comes down to it, it's all about the shoes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx