Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Monday, June 3, 2013

Anna's Fifth Birthday


I can't believe that Anna is five already!  I know I say it every year, but where does the time go?  Somehow, when they hit five, they seem so much older than four.  I mean, it's going to be time for kindergarten!

For this cake, I made the inside to look like zebra stripes.  You can find the tutorial here.  Then I simply frosted it with white buttercream frosting and put zebra-striped sugar paper around the sides.  (You can find sugar paper at Walmart.  I used my rotary cutter and ruler to cut it instead of buying the fancy tools in the cake aisle.  Then I used a glass as a template to cut a circle for the top of the cake.)  I piped on some pink stars and added a happy birthday wish, and I was done.  It only took my an hour to put together that morning!  I had used the extra batter from making to cakes to bake up a few cupcakes, so I iced those with pink frosting and used the leftover sugar paper to decorate them.


Best of all, Anna really liked it!


Happy birthday, sweet girl!


I was a little nervous about what the cake would look like on the inside, but it turned out great!


On a final note, one of her favorite presents was a set of high-heeled princess dress-up shoes from Grandpa and Grandma.  We were glad that they bought the pack of three--Anna was happy to share her extra pairs with cousin Aria and sister Lyla!


After all, when it comes down to it, it's all about the shoes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...