Etched Cookie Jar


Okay, I admit it.  I'm not very good at taking pretty pictures!  I see all these beautiful blogs with pretty pictures with everything "just so," and I sigh and think, "I wish my pictures looked like that!"  Often I am trying to take my pictures with my cell phone with a baby wiggling in the front pack.  I'm lucky to simply get my picture in focus, let alone set up a neat background!  So, I apologize for the not-so-pretty picture.  However, I didn't want to let it stop me from sharing this great project.

I made this as a graduation gift for a sweet girl who graduated from high school this year.  (And, yes, I know I'm a little late with my gift.  I figure better late than never!)

I bought the glass cookie jar from Walmart.  I used the same technique to etch the jar as in my Powercat Etched Glass Dish Tutorial.  I found the flower clip art here and used Janda Apple Cobbler Font, which is one of my new favorites.  I left the etch on for about 6 minutes.



I added some smaller flowers and butterflies around the jar.  You can find the butterfly graphic here.  Maddie, my almost nine year old artist, drew the bumblebee for me.  She used this picture as inspiration.



Here's a close-up of Maddie's bee.  (Yes, I'm a proud mama!)

I filled the jar with some of our favorite cookies (the kids helped with the recipe suggestions and with baking the cookies) and delivered it this morning.  It was a really fun project that I enjoyed doing, and it was great to get the kids involved.  I may have to try this on some mason jars sometime soon!

Here are the cookie recipes that I used:

"Chip & Putter" Cookies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Funfetti Cake Batter Cookies

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx