"Chip & Putter" Cookies (Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies)




I was discussing cookie recipes recently with a friend, and she mentioned that Chip & Putter Cookies were one of her family's favorites.  I, of course, requested the recipe.  I mean, what a great name!  So she graciously shared the recipe for these delicious peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies.

"Chip & Putter" Cookies (Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies)

2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
12 ounce dark chocolate chips (or any flavor chocolate chips that you like!)

Stir flour, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.  Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.  Blend in flour mixture.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Cover and refrigerate dough for at least three hours or overnight.  Shape into large balls (around two tablespoons) and place on parchment paper on air-bake cookie sheets.  Bake at 350 degrees approximately 14 minutes or until light brown and center is just set.  Let rest on baking sheet several minutes before removing to wire rack to cool.

Megan's notes:  The original recipe called for 6 ounces of milk chocolate chips, but I really like dark chocolate.  Nestle makes a dark chocolate chip that is a little bigger, and I like the way it looks in this cookie.  I also upped the amount of chocolate chips because, as far as I'm concerned, you can never have too much chocolate!  I didn't include the salt because I think the peanut butter adds enough salty flavor. Lastly, the original recipe did not call for chilling.  However, I had just gotten some size medium Pampered Chef cookie scoops, and I was itching to try them out.  I knew that in order to keep the cookies from spreading all over, I would need to chill the dough first.  For a smaller cookie, scoop out rounded tablespoons and place on cookie sheet.  Reduce baking time to 10 - 12 minutes.

Looking for other great peanut butter and chocolate recipes?

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cheerio Bars
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Double Peanut Butter Brownies

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx