Homemade Dark Chocolate



Since my sister-in-law had a baby in December, she has cut out dairy from her diet because he seems to get fussy when she eats it.  This means--gasp!!--she can't have chocolate.  So, of course, I thought I should help her out by making her some homemade, dairy-free dark chocolate. 

Homemade Dark Chocolate (Adapted from this recipe)

1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup coconut butter, softened
1/2 cup cocoa
Approximately 2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Hefty shake cinnamon

Melt your coconut oil over low heat in a small skillet while you assemble the rest of your ingredients.  Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl or pitcher.  I just eyeball the amount of honey.  Taste and add more honey if needed.  Don't freak out at the texture--it is much better when it sets up!  Pour into lined mini muffin cups or use a silicon tray.  I like this one from Amazon.


Place in the refrigerator or freezer and allow to harden.  Pop out of the silicon tray.  Store covered in the refrigerator.  It should last for at least a week, I think--it doesn't last that long in my house!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx