Super Easy Chicken & Broccoli Bake


Since starting on a mostly-paleo diet almost two years ago, I must say that I sometimes miss the ease of popping a casserole in the oven.  This easy, one-dish meal has been a go-to recipe for me.  I make it at least twice a month!  I can have it ready and in the oven quite quickly.  Plus, it's healthy and delicious.  Here's the recipe.

Super Easy Chicken and Broccoli Bake (Slightly adapted from this recipe)

8 four ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
1-2 heads broccoli
1/2 cup olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano
salt and pepper, to taste

Place sweet potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl.  Add a small amount of water, cover, and cook on high for five to six minutes or until slightly tender.  Drain.  Place oil and spices in a large bowl and stir to combine.  Place chicken, sweet potatoes, and broccoli in bowl and stir well to coat.  Place chicken in large baking dish (mine is slightly bigger than a 9 by 13) and pour veggies on top.  Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes or until chicken is done.

Megan's tip:  I wash my broccoli ahead of time, cut it, and place it in a ziploc bag with a couple of paper towels.  Then it is dry and ready to go when I need it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx