Breakfast Burritos


Do you, like me, not always look forward to getting out of bed and making a filling breakfast for your family?  Well, try some make-ahead breakfast burritos.  I socked a bunch of these away in my freezer that are ready when I need them. I put 22 eggs and 3/4 cup milk into a glass pitcher.  Getting the yolks all broken and mixed up well was a challenge for me until I discovered how well my immersion blender did it.  As a bonus, your three-year-old can help--Anna was quick to join in the fun!
Throw your eggs into a large, non-stick skillet and add a pound of cooked sausage.  When the eggs are just about set, add 1 to 1 1/2 cups grated cheese.  If you are an onion or pepper fan, I would just dice some up and saute it before adding to your eggs with the sausage.  I don't have many onion fans in my house. 

Once your eggs are done, lay out several tortillas and place a small amount of filling in the middle.  Fold the ends toward the middle and roll up.  You could customize how big your burritos are by the size tortilla that you use.  These are about a 10 inch size, and my recipe made 20. 

Once they are rolled up, secure with a square of press 'n seal.  You could also use aluminum foil.  Place in a freezer ziploc bag, and store until ready to use.  To prepare, thaw overnight in your refrigerator.  In the morning, place one burrito in your microwave on a paper towel.  Microwave on high 30 seconds; then flip the burrito over and microwave another 30 seconds.  (You may need to experiment with how much time is needed with your microwave.)  Let cool for a bit, add salsa if desired, and enjoy!  What could be better than that?
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx