Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies


Every time I make these cookies, I think of my dear friend Kristin, from whom I got the recipe.  We were classmates in dental school and spent many hours together sipping coffee and studying at Barnes and Noble.  We have many things in common, including a love for all things chocolate!

She brought these moist and delicious cookies to a get together one time.  Of course, I had to have the recipe.  The recipe calls for instant pudding in the mix.  I first tasted this recipe containing vanilla instant pudding and chocolate chips.  You can use any variety of pudding/chip combinations, and, believe me, I have.  So far, chocolate pudding plus peanut butter chips has been the favorite for our family.

The following is her recipe, with a few updates from me. . .

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 3.4 ounce package chocolate instant pudding
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 12 ounce package peanut butter chips

Mix flour with baking soda.  Combine butter, the sugars, pudding mix and vanilla in a large mixer bowl.  Beat until smooth and creamy.  Beat in eggs.  Gradually add flour mixture; then stir in chips.  Batter will be stiff.

At this point, you can drop rounded teaspoonsful two inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets and bake at 375 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes.  Let rest on baking sheet a couple of minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.

However, if you want a larger cookie, refrigerate the dough first.  I usually make the dough in the morning and then bake the cookies around suppertime.
I like to use a three-teaspoon size cookie scoop to make the cookies.
I put about 11 on a baking sheet.  Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes or until done.  The top should appear somewhat dry.  I always check them at 12 minutes but usually end up putting the cookies back in the oven for several minutes longer.  I have found that my oven tends to be on the cool side, though, so keep an eye on your cookies until you know the approximate baking time that you need!
You will end up with some deliciousness like this.  Have fun with all the possibilities for this recipe!

Pudding/chip flavor suggestions:

vanilla/chocolate chips
vanilla/peanut butter chips
vanilla/white chocolate chips
chocolate/chocolate chips
chocolate/peanut butter chips
chocolate/vanilla chips
chocolate/butterscotch chips

You can also add 1 cup of chopped nuts with the chips if it suits your fancy.

You get the idea!  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx