Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars

The recipe for these delicious bars came from a dear neighbor lady named Barb.  Growing up, Barb attended almost all of our sports games and activities.  She always had a kind word for everyone.  Whenever I make this recipe, I think of her.  So, here it is:

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars

1 16.5 ounce package chocolate chip cookie dough
1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened (full fat or reduced fat work equally well)
1 egg
3/8 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Grease an 8 by 8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.  Pat a little over half of the cookie dough into the bottom of the pan.  Mix remaining ingredients until smooth.  Pour over the top of the dough.  Break remaining dough into small pieces and sprinkle over the top.  Bake at 350 degrees 35 - 40 minutes or until browned and center is set.  (I had to bake mine about 5 minutes longer)

Dough in the pan.
When I mix the cheesecake ingredients, I like to use my immersion blender.  It gets the cream cheese mixed up really well and makes the filling fluffy.
Pour cheesecake mixture over dough.
Ready for the oven.
You can easily double the ingredients to make a 9 by 13 inch pan of this for a bigger gathering or potluck.  You can substitute homemade cookie dough for the pre-made--it's just a bit stickier to work with; I usually grease my hands when using it.  Use a whole batch (using 2 1/4 cups flour) for the 9 by 13 inch pan or a half batch for the 8 by 8 inch pan.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx