Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Saturday, April 21, 2012

Whole Wheat Waffles


I got this recipe for Whole Wheat Waffles from my mother-in-law.  It's pretty fast to mix up, and my kids love them!  Like their Daddy, they like their waffles with peanut butter on top!  I almost always make a double batch so that we have plenty of leftovers.  I pop some into the freezer, and some into the fridge in plastic bags.  To reheat, just put them in the toaster.  Talk about a fast and easy weekday breakfast!  Here's the recipe:

Whole Wheat Waffles

2 eggs
1 3/4 cup milk (I use a little more)
1/2 cup canola oil
2 cups whole wheat flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt (I omit)

Heat waffle iron.  Beat eggs with mixer until fluffy; beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth.  Pour batter from cup or pitcher onto center of hot waffle iron.  Bake as directed in your waffle iron's instructions--usually takes about five minutes. 

Serve with peanut butter if desired and hot syrup!

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...