Whole Wheat Waffles


I got this recipe for Whole Wheat Waffles from my mother-in-law.  It's pretty fast to mix up, and my kids love them!  Like their Daddy, they like their waffles with peanut butter on top!  I almost always make a double batch so that we have plenty of leftovers.  I pop some into the freezer, and some into the fridge in plastic bags.  To reheat, just put them in the toaster.  Talk about a fast and easy weekday breakfast!  Here's the recipe:

Whole Wheat Waffles

2 eggs
1 3/4 cup milk (I use a little more)
1/2 cup canola oil
2 cups whole wheat flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt (I omit)

Heat waffle iron.  Beat eggs with mixer until fluffy; beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth.  Pour batter from cup or pitcher onto center of hot waffle iron.  Bake as directed in your waffle iron's instructions--usually takes about five minutes. 

Serve with peanut butter if desired and hot syrup!

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx