Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream

I adapted this recipe from the Rival instruction book recipe to work for my Kitchenaid mixer ice cream maker attachment.  It worked great.  I like the fact that it doesn't contain any eggs, so you don't have to worry about getting it cooked enough.  My kids liked it--my husband thought it was a little too sweet.  While I think that "too sweet" is a bit of an oxymoron, I may try to dial back the sugar slightly the next time I make it.  Here's the recipe:

Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream

1 cup milk
1 3/8 cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup half and half
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups whipping cream

Scald milk until bubbles form around edge of pan.  Remove from heat.  Add sugar and salt.  Stir until dissolved.  Stir in half and half, vanilla extract, and whipping cream.  Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.  Freeze as directed.  Yield:  2 quarts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx