Snickers Brownies


We are continuing to make items for the bake sale this Saturday.  Of course, I had to make one of my favorites:  Snickers Brownies.  The name says it all. 

My husband teases me because I think that brownies are the perfect dessert.  If we are having people over, I almost always make a pan.  Often, we have brownie hot fudge sundaes--perfection in dessert if I ever tasted it!  My sister-in-law, Steph, teases me because I almost never make a "plain brownie."  To me, if a little chocolate is good, more is better! 


Snickers Brownies

1 box German chocolate cake mix (or any chocolate cake mix)
3/4 cup butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk, divided
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts
50 caramels, a 14 oz. bag (or buy the bag of caramel bits that you don't have to unwrap.  You can find these by the chocolate chips)

Combine cake mix, butter, and 1/3 cup evaporated milk.  Spread 1/2 of cake mixture in greased 9 by 13 inch pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes.  Meanwhile, melt caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk in microwave.  Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts over the cake mixture.  Drizzle caramel mixture over the nuts and chips.  Place small spoonfuls of remaining cake mixture over the top and gently spread with spatula.  Bake 20 - 25 minutes at 350 degrees.  Cool before cutting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx