Pecan Coffee Cake


So, we continue to bake and freeze to get ready for our bake sale fundraiser next week.  Yesterday, it was Pecan Coffee Cake.  This is an easy and tasty recipe to enjoy for a weekend breakfast.  The recipe calls for a 9 by 13 inch pan, but I made two 8 by 8 inch cakes to sell.  I baked them for a little less time than the recipe calls for.

I got the recipe from the Sharon Springs Wesleyan Cookbook.  This has been another great recipe book for me--I have made lots of the recipes with positive reviews from my family.

Pecan Coffee Cake

1 yellow cake mix
1 small package vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream (I used plain greek yogurt)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
2/3 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice

In a mixing bowl, combine the first six ingredients and beat on medium speed for two minutes.  Pour into a greased 9 by 13 inch bakin gpan.  Combine pecans, sugar, and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.  Cut through with a knife to swirl.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.  In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and orange juice until smooth; drizzle over warm coffee cake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx