Double Peanut Butter Brownies

This is another peanut butter/chocolate recipe that I received from my friend Kristin.  She and I share a love for chocolate!  I really wish I had taken a picture of a brownie once it was cut.  Unfortunately, I was too busy eating it to get my camera!  With a peanut butter crust and brownie on top, it makes a pretty presentation as well as being delicious.

I think the recipe was originally from the back of a Betty Crocker Supreme Peanut Butter Brownie mix.  I have not been able to find this particular mix, so I just adapted a plain fudge brownie mix to the recipe.

Double Peanut Butter Brownies

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 package Betty Crocker Supreme Peanut Butter Brownie mix
or 1 box 9 by 13 sized brownie mix plus 1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon shortening

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease bottom of 9 by 13 inch pan.  Stir together peanut butter, sugar, and egg; press into pan.

Make brownie mix as directed.  If using plain mix, stir in peanut butter chips.  Spread over crust.  Bake 30 - 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side comes out clean; cool.
PLace chocolate chips and shortening in small microwavable bowl.  Microwave uncovered at 50% power about two minutes or until it can be mixed smooth.  Drizzle over brownies.  Refrigerate for 15 minutes.  Instead of the chocolate chips and shortening, you can use Hershey's syrup instead.
Hope you enjoy the results as much as I do.  Click here and here for more delicious chocolate/peanut butter concoctions!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx