Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves


Here's another quick and easy favorite for my family--Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves.  It's another recipe I use often from one of my church cookbooks.  My son, Evan, really enjoys them.  I think he at two of them last night. 

Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves

1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use colby/monterrey jack blend)
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup chopped onion (I omit)
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound ground beef

Sauce:

2/3 cup ketchup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard


First, mix all ingredients except meat in a large bowl (note the fingers of my little helper nearby!).  I used a large bowl because I was making a double recipe.


Crumble meat over the top and mix with your hands.


Mix ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar in a separate bowl or pitcher.


Shape meat mixture into eight oval loaves and place in greased 9 by 13 inch pan.  Top with sauce.


Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.

This also freezes well.  Don't bake; just wrap with press and seal and freeze.  To bake, thaw in refrigerator overnight and bake as directed.  It may take a little longer to get done.

Enjoy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx