Speedy Stovetop "Spasagna"


I love lasagna.  I probably have over ten lasagna-like pins on Pinterest.  Though I have not tried to make them yet, I am fascinated with those lasagna roll ups.  I think that the "no boil" lasagna noodles are a great invention--they have become one of my pantry staples.

While I love traditional lasagna, I also enjoy dishes that allow you to achieve the same taste without the time required to make it.  These days, it seems I don't start thinking about supper until thirty minutes before it needs to be ready.  Also, with the temperature reaching 110 + degrees today, there was no way I was going to turn my oven on.

So, I was delighted to see a pin for a Twenty Minute Lasagna Skillet.  See the original recipe here.   I made my dish with just a few modifications.  I used some cottage cheese instead of the sour cream called for and also added some parmesan cheese.  (Yes, I love cheese, too!)  I mixed my cheeses in with the hot pasta in order to get them incorporated well.

Looking yummy already!


Speedy Stovetop "Spasagna"

1 pound lean ground beef
1 (12 oz) package bow tie noodles (or any other kind of noodle), uncooked
1 (26 oz) jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (or pizza sauce)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning (or more, make it to your taste)
3/4 cups Mozzarella cheese
3/4 - 1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Brown ground beef in microwave. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions.  Heat spaghetti sauce and seasonings in large skillet; add beef when cooked.  After noodles are cooked, drain; place in pan you cooked them in and drizzle with olive oil.   Add cheeses and stir until melted.  Stir pasta mixture into meat sauce and heat through.  Serve with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.

My family loved this one--I will definitely make it again.  It was very quick and easy to put together.   Hope you like it, too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx