Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal



With this beautiful fall weather, I am loving all things pumpkin right now.  My kids enjoy oatmeal, and I'm always looking for variations on our old standby's.  So, when I found a recipe for Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, I knew I had to give it a go.

I found the original recipe here.  Since I have no desire or need to follow vegan recipes, I made some modifications to suit our tastes and the ingredients I have on hand.  My recipe fed my four kids with some left over for Mommy, so I would say it makes about three servings.

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

1 1/4 cups quick oats
2 cups milk (I used skim, and it worked great)
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar

Whisk ingredients together in a large microwave-safe bowl.  Microwave two minutes.  Stir and microwave 2 minutes more or until desired consistency.

Enjoy the flavors of fall!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx