Speedy Italian Chicken


Ever have one of those days where you discover that it's 5:00 PM, and you still have no idea what you will put on the table for supper?  Well, yesterday was one of those days.  I was tired.  I had just brought the kids home from piano lessons, and I did not feel like going online for inspiration.  I mean, I needed to get something in the oven pronto. 

I had previously made a similar recipe to this one in the crockpot.  I thought, "Why can't I adapt it to an oven dish?"  So, here is what I did:

Speedy Italian Chicken

6 - 8 four ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 jar spaghetti sauce
6 - 8 slices provolone cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place chicken breasts in a greased 9 by 13 in pan.  Pour spaghetti sauce over the top.  Place a slice of cheese over each chicken breast.

Bake, uncovered, for about 40 - 45 minutes or until the chicken is done.  I recommend using a meat thermometer to prevent overbaking.  Since I started using one, I have saved so much time and energy because I'm not constantly checking to see if the meat is done. 

Tip: after you empty the jar of spaghetti sauce, place a small amount of water inside. Replace the lid, shake, and pour the remainder of the sauce over the chicken. (I just hate wasting that extra bit, but not enough to go after it with a plastic scraper!)

My kids and husband really liked this one.  I will definitely be making it again, even when I'm not desperate for an idea! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx