Cinnamon Roll Waffles

I love it when something that looks easy and fun on Pinterest turns out just as I expected!  I found this idea here on Pinterest.  What did I ever do before Pinterest?  I never would have thought to make these on my own!   I bought some canned cinnamon rolls on sale at the local grocery store and determined to surprise the kids with this one morning.

Just bake your rolls on your waffle iron. Mine were done when the light went off. The recipe that I referenced has tips for thinning the icing to make a syrup--I just used the frosting it as it was.

The kids were so excited.  I was happy that it worked--the cinnamon rolls did not stick as I feared they might.  As I have mentioned before, I'm not that much of a morning person, so I love quick ideas for breakfast.  We just had to wait for the waffle iron to heat up.  (My son, Evan, was sad not to be mixing up waffles, though.  He loves to run the hand mixer!) 

All in all, it was a success.  I will be sure to have canned cinnamon rolls available every so often so that we can make these again sometime!

Looking for other quick breakfasts?  Try these!

Whole Wheat Waffles--make up a batch and toast what you need in the morning!

Greek Yogurt Pancakes--only four ingredients makes preparation a snap!

Baked Mini Omelettes--mix these up and take your shower while they are in the oven!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx