S'mores Bars


Today, my kids (and several cousins) were invited over to Aunt Rita's to paint pumpkins.  I'll admit, there are not many days when we get paint out at our house, so my kids were giddy with delight just thinking about it.  I was excited that someone else wanted to take the responsibility for providing paint, pumpkins, etc.  So, I volunteered to make snacks (definitely more up my alley)!

I wanted something fun, easy, and kid-yummy.  I have been seeing lots of s'mores recipes on pinterest, so I decided to pull out one of my favorite s'mores variations.  We made these for a camp-themed Vacation Bible School one year, and the recipe has been happily ensconsed in my recipe box since then.  Luckily my kids love to run my mini food processor, so coming up with the graham cracker crumbs is easy for me!

S'mores Bars

3 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
4 cups mini marshmallows
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray a 9 by 13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.  Mix graham cracker crumbs and sugar together.  Add melted butter and mix to combine.  Press into the bottom of prepared pan.  Top with marshmallows and then chocolate chips.  Bake for 10 minutes or until marshmallows are starting to brown.  Cool completely and cut into bars.

Needless to say, these went over well at the Pumpkin Painting Party today.  There were none leftover to bring home!

I also brought sliced apples (soaked in Sprite to prevent browning) and Homemade Caramel Apple Dip.  Don't you just love fall?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx