Exquisite Pizza Sauce

Okay, home-made pizza is on the menu tonight.  So I had to throw together some of this delicious pizza sauce to top it with.  I had not made pizza sauce until a couple of years ago--I usually just reach for a jar.  However, my sister-in-law Joni had put this recipe into our church cook book.  I figure if it's good enough for the church cook book, it's worth giving it a try.  Turned out to be the right move for me!  I love this sauce; it's sweet with a bit of spice to it.  In a word:  exquisite!  Here's the recipe:

1 6 ounce can tomato paste
3/4 cup warm water (hint--just fill the tomato paste can with water)
3 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon mince garlic
2 Tablespoons honey
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt to taste

In a small bowl, combine all ingredients; mix together, breaking up any clumps of cheese.  Sauce should sit for 30 minutes to blend flavors; spread over pizza dough and prepare pizza as desired.

Note:  This makes enough sauce for two pizzas.  I have made a double recipe with a 12 ounce can of tomato paste.  I froze half and used it for another time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx