Oatmeal Bread


This is one of my favorite breads to make.  I got the recipe from my good friend Bill.  He was one of my classmates in dental school.  My husband, Matt, and I spent many an evening over at Bill and Jenn's apartment eating supper and playing board games late into the night.  At one of these get togethers, they served this bread.  I think I ate at least three pieces and later requested the recipe.  I was delighted to discover that you make the dough in the bread machine. 

Here is the recipe:

Oatmeal bread

1 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon hot water
3 tablespoons dry milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons honey
3 1/2 cup bread flour
3/4 cup oatmeal
1 1/2 teaspoon yeast

Place ingredients into bread machine pan in order recommended by manufacture.  Select "dough" setting.  Check dough in 5 minutes.  Add 1 teaspoon water or 1 teaspoon flour if needed.
Place dough on greased baking stone.  Using your hands, shape into a circular loaf, about 8 - 8 1/2 inches in diameter.
Using a serrated knife, cut three slits about 1/2 inch deep into top of loaf.

Place in cold oven and set temperature to 350 degrees.  Bake for 40 minutes or until browned.  Bread should sound hollow when tapped.


And now you have fresh, homemade bread to enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx