Easy Fruit Salad

My grandma taught me how to cook.  I used to get so frustrated with her because she didn't measure very often.  I would ask how much of something to put in, and she would say, "Oh, a little bit."  What did that mean?  I also learned that if we actually were measuring something, it must be pretty important!  There was a running joke in our family about a chocolate pie she once made.  Apparently, it was the best pie my family ever tasted.  Unfortunately, because she had made some substitutions and used inexact measurements, she was never able to recreate it!  It's in honor of Grandma Ruth that I am posting this recipe.  It's something I just threw together.  You can adjust it to your needs and tastes.  This recipe is similar to a recipe my husband's Aunt Sarah served us on a recent trip to her house.

Easy Fruit Salad (Serves 2 adults and 4 little kids)

1 apple, chopped (I had a large honeycrisp apple)
2 medium bananas, sliced
1 handful dried cranberries
1/2 handful sunflower seeds (feel free to substitute other seeds or nuts)

Dressing:

1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon white vinegar

Place fruit and seeds in a bowl and stir to mix.  In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients.  Taste and add more sugar/vinegar as needed.  Stir into fruit mixture and serve.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx