Easy Slow Cooker Baked Beans

I typically don't do anything more with my baked beans than just open a can and heat them up.  However, I found an easy recipe on Betty Crocker, so I decided to give it a try (with a few modifications).  I took it to a barbeque with friends the other night, and it was a hit.  My husband wanted to know who made them because they were really good!
Here's the recipe:

1 can (28 oz. ) Bush's Best Country Style Baked Beans
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 oz.) chili beans
1 can (10 oz.) diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
1/4 cup ketchup
2 - 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
6 - 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled  (I use pre-cooked bacon, such a time-saver!)

Throw all the ingredients into your slow cooker.  Set on low and cook for 2 -3 hours until heated through. 

I think this might be a great one to take for church potluck sometime--I may even throw a pound of cooked ground beef in.  Give this recipe a try the next time you want a little something more than canned baked beans without a lot of effort.

Here's the original recipe from bettycrocker.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx