Honey-Wheat Oatmeal Bread


This recipe is one of our family's favorites.  I found it in a Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking Magazine.  I love the convenience of making the dough in the bread machine. 

Here's the recipe:

1 1/4 cups warm water
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 1/2 cups bread flour (I use all-purpose)
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast  (2 1/4 teaspoons)

In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.


If you have good luck baking in your bread machine, select basic bread setting, crust color, etc. and enjoy some bread in about three hours.

I, however, do not have the patience to get the hang of how bread bakes in my bread machine.  My few attempts have not turned out that great, so I prefer to make the dough in the machine and then bake it in the oven.  So, select "dough" setting and wait until the dough is ready.

I then form the dough into a loaf and place in a greased 9 inch by 5 inch bread pan.

Let rise 30 - 45 minutes.


Bake at 350 degrees about 40 minutes until done.  Bread should sound hollow when tapped.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx