Mexican Meat Cups

Lately I have been in a chicken and sandwich rut with meals.  Recently, reminiscent of the former Wendy's commercials, my husband asked, "Where's the beef?"  Well, today we had some.

I got this recipe from my mother-in-law, Lois.  With only a few ingredients, they come together very quickly.  Also, my kids love them!

Mexican Meat Cups

1 pound ground beef
1 15.5 ounce can chili beans
1 can sloppy joe sauce or package of sloppy joe seasoning, 1 6 oz. can tomato paste, and 1 1/4 cups water
1 - 2 cans refrigerated biscuits
Shredded cheese
Chopped tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, and salsa if desired

Cook ground beef.  Add chili beans and sloppy joe sauce and keep warm.  Roll out biscuits or flatten with palm to about 4 1/2 inch diameter.  Place on reverse side of muffin tins and bake at 400 degrees for 7 - 8 minutes or until golden brown.  Serve meat sauce in biscuit cups.  Top with shredded cheese and additional toppings if desired.

I cook my meat in the microwave.
Add the beans and sauce and warm up in the microwave.
Roll or flatten biscuits.  You will get the idea of how big they need to be when you put them on the muffin tins.  Place the biscuit on top of the tin and press to form.
Ready for the oven.  I usually don't grease my pan because it is nonstick.  If I spray it, then the biscuits tend to shrink up a little bit.  If you don't have a nonstick pan, you will want to grease it.
Yum!  The recipe calls for one can of ten biscuits, but I usually make twenty because my kids also like to eat these with some honey inside.
I've also made this ahead of time and put it in the crockpot for when company is coming.  Hope you reach for this one the next time you are short on time and tired of chicken!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx