Baked Mini Omelettes

I think I have mentioned before that I am not a morning person.  I don't like to get out of bed!  As such, any recipe that can help me get breakfast on the table for my four hungry kiddos is a welcome find.

My sister-in-law Joni mentioned that she had baked eggs in muffin tins.  Hmmm. . . I did a search and found out how on allrecipes.com.  Here's what I did:

First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Then grease your muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.  I cracked open 8 eggs intending to make 8 mini omelettes.  I ended up with 9 of them.  I think 10 would get you to a dozen. 

I poured in a little milk.  (As Grandma always did, I just "eye-balled" it.  I would say I put in less than 1/4 cup.)  Then I added some cheese and sliced up ham.  (Again, I just threw it in--about 1/2 cup or so.)  Mix well.  You could add any omelette ingredients here that you like.  I would love to add some mushrooms, tomatoes, and chopped spinach, but my crew would turn up its nose at that.  Keep in mind that the more things you add, the more omelettes you are going to make.

Pour into prepared pan.  It was a little hard to get the ham into the first couple of these because it sunk to the bottom of my egg mixture.  I went back and added to them as it became more visible.  Keep stirring a bit as you go to keep the toppings well-distributed.

Then put them in the oven for 15 minutes.  This was great for me.  I let my oven do the work while I got dressed and fixed my hair.
I checked mine at 15 minutes and had to bake them for 5 minutes more.  You want the eggs to be set.  If they jiggle when you move the pan, put them back in for a bit.  Let them sit in the pan for 5 minutes before removing them to your serving plate.

I served these with strawberry-banana smoothies and cinnamon rolls this morning.  (Don't give me too much credit for morning spunk--I made the rolls yesterday!)  They were a hit.  My kids liked that they could pick up their eggs like a muffin and eat them. 

Keep this recipe in mind the next time you are pressed for time in the morning, or, like me, just struggle to think of what to make for breakfast!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Vanilla Coffee Mix

Horse Cupcake Cake

World's Best Hot Cocoa MIx